10.15.2007

Ticket Crazy Mommies

The hottest ticket in the Twin Cities right now is for Miley Cyrus' Hannah Montana tour at the Target Center next Sunday. According to the Star Tribune article "Miley Mania Makes Moms Hoppin' Mad", this show is the "most in-demand ticket since the 1991 World Series" but angry parents can't seem to get any seats via the usual methods: Ticketmaster and waiting in line at the box office. All of this mania is bringing issues about ticket sales and distribution to the forefront--exactly where do all those tickets go when they seemingly sell out the instant they go on sale? To get us decent seats to see Gwen Stefani last June, my sister joined Gwen's online fan club for access to pre-sale tickets. I've read that nearly half of all available tickets are commonly set aside for fan club members.

On a related note, I was blown away at how many kids were at the Gwen Stefani concert with their moms. Maybe it was because I was 9 months pregnant at the Gwen concert and had baby on the brain! There were tons of pre-teen girls there, with at least one mom in tow. Surprising to me, considering I would've rather died than be seen with my mom anywhere at that age. But I guess you must make some sacrifices for Gwen!

No comments: